Dr. Tina Olson, Columbia College
A luncheon experience designed to give you networking, professional development and leadership development all in one sitting.
Join us to brush up on the do’s, don’ts, scary and confusing parts of negotiating at the July Luncheon! After all, negotiating is difficult; if it were easy, everyone would not only do it but would do it well. According to Forbes Coaches Council, in 2017 women negotiated less than their male counterparts, with 68% of women accepting the salary they were offered with little to no negotiation. In this luncheon, long-time HR professional and current business professor, Dr. Tina Olson gives us key insights and tips on negotiating. She will walk attendees through how to start the conversation, expand the idea of negotiation past money, and will leave attendees feeling more comfortable next time they’re faced with a negotiation situation.
$20 for Women's Network Members, $25 for non-members. Pre-registration closes at 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 16. Walk-ins are $25. Please send dietary restrictions to Brandi Spurling at the Chamber by July 16, or we may not be able to accommodate you.
Professional Development Luncheon Tips:
- Arrive a bit early to give extra time for networking
- Registration opens at 11:20 a.m.
- Program begins at 11:45 a.m.
- Bring your business cards!
- Sit with someone new and introduce yourself to your table mates
- Introduce yourself to a Women's Network leader; they will often have a stansion that says "ask me about Women's Network"