If you are a "named representative" for your Chamber member business, you're welcome to serve on any one of our nine available committees, which is a great way for you to use your membership, to get involved in your community, to network and to market your business.
If you want to learn more about how to be sure you are getting the most from your membership, please join us at one of our complimentary Chamber 101: Introductory & Refresher Courses. We offer six each year. You can register for them online at www.ColumbiaMOChamber.com or by calling (573) 817-9110. This popular class is free but space is limited so registration is required.
Please consider joining us at our Membership Committee meeting, Co-Chaired by Jaime Palmer, Central Bank and Amanda Jacobs, Jacobs Property Management; and hosted by Columbia Chamber of Commerce Membership Director, Chad Massman.
This committee works to provide a warm welcome to our new Chamber Members and also to newly named representatives. We do this by calling, sending a card, making a visit or offering to host them at events.
The Membership Committee also:
* Serves as hosts and escorts at each of the Quarterly Membership Breakfasts (QMB), focusing on all members, not just new members, so that all experience a warm welcome.
* Coordinates, hosts and handles registration for our quarterly New Member Welcome Events
* Executes the Return on Investement (ROI) program, including a Graduation Ceremony and Graduate Mixer
* Supports the Membership Director in our efforts to get members involved by directing them to one of the six Chamber 101 classes
* Supports growth of our membership by encouraging non-members to consider joining
* Works to have a broad based knowledge of all the Chamber has to offer so we can best answer questions from our membership, new and established.
If you like to mix and mingle and help members feel comfortable in a new environment, then this committee would be a good fit for you. We also welcome those with good attention to detail for registration and nametag organization, and with event planning skills and creativity.